After years of being an active performer (singer/pianist) in several bands and Head of Music at Secondary school level, I decided to branch out alone to run my own Music school. I offer individual singing lessons and run a singing group ‘Singing for the Soul’ – for relaxation, fun and stress relief. I still perform as a lead singer and keys player with two bands – The Karlos Kollective and The Motion – at numerous events in London, Windsor and Maidenhead, performing in this capacity at weddings, on-stage gigs, local pub gigs and charity events.
I have a large and diverse group of private singing students on my books, of all ages. I have thirteen years’ experience teaching Music in secondary schools up to A Level standard. I was Head of Music for nine years, both at Newlands Girls’ School in Maidenhead and at Drayton Manor High School in Hanwell. Throughout that time I have directed choirs and chamber groups for concerts, trained solo singers for productions and concerts, and coached singers through their A Level coursework recitals. I have provided vocal coaching for the Performing Arts course at Berkshire College of Agriculture in Maidenhead and this year I have been Music Co-ordinator at Our Lady’s Prep School in Crowthorne.
I offer the following services:
- Singing Lessons for all ages. Singing for fun, singing for stress-relief, working with the natural voice and learning basic vocal techniques, to pass ABRSM exams (up to Grade 5) or just to boost confidence. Musical styles to suit you.
- FaceTime singing lessons – for those who cannot leave the house or for whom Windsor & Maidenhead is too far away.
- Aural Tuition – all ABRSM exams have an aural skills section. I help people of all grades with this aspect of the exams.
- GCSE Music Tuition – assistance with performing, composing and/or the listening examination
- ‘Singing for the Soul’ – public sessions and visits to care and therapy centres. Singing for fun, relaxation and a morale boost – singing ability irrelevant. Some gentle stretching and breathing exercises included. Visit our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/singingforthesoulKM